Clay's Cool - Art & Perspective
Clay's Cool is an after school student enrichment program. Classes are taught by Seattle artist Stewart Wong of Purple Moon Design, LLC.
Clay's Cool program is structured to:
- Introduce students to the ceramic arts
- Teach creative problem solving skills
- Exercise the student's conceptual thinking
- Empower students by tapping their creative potential
- Instill a sense of pride, self-confidence and accomplishment
Through program participation, students:
- Explore and develop their creativity
- Create, play with and manipulate 3-D structures, shapes and forms
- Experiment with a variety of clay hand-building techniques
- Learn the craft of ceramics
Students are encouraged to express themselves freely and learn from their experiences.